"The object isn't to make art, it's to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable."  Robert Henri

Monday, December 15, 2008

protection

How often we put up barriers to protect the things we hold dear. Surrounding herself with a barbed wired cage and a hazardous nest, this woman seeks to protect the eggs that she holds in her lap. She is focused completely on what is precious to her. 

Introspective and stark, there is also a beauty in the simplicity of purpose, in the tenderness and care that she freely offers.

3 comments:

Teacupliz said...

Not sure how I found your blog maybe on a sheep list. I have to say I love this piece of art. I am not artest. but I love being different, love your hat, love your tea pot.... Okay coffee pot..
I own Teacup Farm sell raw goat and cow milk. Dance to the tune of my own dummer. Live life the hard way ask my family. You have your own corn bread- Now get some real milk and enjoy!

Kathleen Stoltzfus said...

Thanks so much Teacupliz! I sure do appreciate the feedback. And you're right - real milk can't be beat!

Kathleen

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Kathleen this made me cry...I sometimes feel like I live in a wired cage...content but wondering about the world beyond. Thank you for your insights.