"The object isn't to make art, it's to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable."  Robert Henri

Saturday, March 21, 2009

spring has sprung!

I arrived home from a breakfast meeting and upon going to the barn to check on everyone, this is what I found! The first daughter of Rosebud and William, and the very first lamb ever born at Tulip Tree Hill! I must have come home literally minutes after she was born because she was still wet and figuring out how to use her feet. Very precious. 

I knew Rose was due any time, but other than her udder becoming large, you would never have known she was pregnant. And so I guessed - correctly - as it turned out, that she was going to have a single lamb rather than twins. But that's okay because this little girl appears to be quite healthy and robust. 

So now, a name has to be thought of. Since it's the second day of spring and since all my sheep's names will be botanically oriented, I'm thinking of something along the lines of spring flowers. I've always wanted to name an animal Daffodil. Anyone have any better ideas?

And by the way, this little girl will be for sale, as will Mayapple's lambs when they arrive later this spring. So if you're in the market for a registered Olde English Babydoll Miniature Southdown lamb, shoot me an email.

No comments: