"The object isn't to make art, it's to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable."  Robert Henri

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

honored guests

Yesterday was spent with my sister and her husband at the New Holland horse auction. They were going to look for a pony for their youngest daughter's birthday and I was going, well, because I like those sorts of things. When the smoke cleared, they had bought two ponies instead of just one. Their older daughter already has a small horse, but it's too big for her and they're hoping a smaller one will help build her confidence. These two are very sweet, calm, easy going, and small. Perfect for young girls just starting out. Oh, and they also bought a pony cart - which should be a lot of fun!

Since my niece's birthday isn't until Friday, and the pony is a surprise, they'll be staying in one of my paddocks until then. 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE blue-eyed grass too. One of my most favorite plants!

Sheltie Owner said...

You get to do the COOLEST stuff! I'll bet you're enjoying the ponies' visit.

Also, on the subject of your garden, if you have any extra to sell, I'm game. I was drooling as I read about the veggies you planted. It all sounded delicious to me.

Bonnie