"The object isn't to make art, it's to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable."  Robert Henri

Friday, October 31, 2008

farm products ready in time for the open studio tour

So in addition to the yarn and roving I talked about yesterday, there will be several other Tulip Tree Hill farm products offered for sale here. 

Handmade soap, with an "orange creamsicle" scent, a couple of apple pies in handmade ceramic pie plates, an array of hot sauces (more on that later), my own corn meal, and if I get time, also homemade bread and egg noodles.

The extra time for the bread and noodles isn't looking real good right now since my first priority is to finish a couple more sculptures that I've started. Don't get me wrong - I have quite a lot of pieces for the tour, but really want to get two or three more done. They are so close, just need some finishing touches. 

I also need to clean and organize my studio, and first thing tomorrow morning I'll be baking some cookies to go with the hot spiced apple cider I'll be serving. 

Who needs sleep? It's a nasty habit and highly over-rated!

No comments: