"The object isn't to make art, it's to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable."  Robert Henri

Sunday, August 31, 2008

I think I have a cat

Considering that right now there are 2 pigs, 3 dogs, 4 sheep, 5 chickens, and 6 geese living here, the last thing I need is another pet. However, sometimes what you think you need and what needs you are two different things. Normally, you could probably say that this is a "no cat zone" as defined by my three highly prey-driven dogs. Strays are hardly ever seen and never stay. But apparently one little cat has decided that living here might be worth the risk. He arrived two nights ago, nothing but skin and bones, hungry for food and affection, just a kitten, really. Sigh.... how could I resist helping him out? So I put him in the garage with bowls of tuna, milk, and water, provided a soft bed, a box of sawdust in case he wanted indoor plumbing, and propped open the door in case he preferred the big outdoors. It looks like he might stay. So far he has managed to fly under the dog's radar by keeping out of their fenced yard. I think they have their suspicions, though.

No comments: